The Chicago and North Western train station on the northeast corner of Sacramento Street and DeKalb Avenue was erected in 1880, while still under the ownership of the local Sycamore, Cortland, and Chicago line. The bricks for the building were made at the kilns north of Sycamore on Brickville Road. The station's unusual weather vane, a six-foot locomotive, can be seen in the view above. The end of passenger service was announced by Chicago and North Western in 1930. In recent years, the old depot has been used as a storage place for Auto Meter products.
In early January 2011, the Sycamore City Council voted to accept the building as a gift from Auto Meter. Using public and private donations, the first stages of remodeling are occurring.